Lentils and Green Vegetables
100g Brussels Sprouts
100g Green Beans
150g Green Lentils
2 Sprigs Thyme
2 Cloves Garlic
Small Bunch Chives, Chopped
25ml Good Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. The first thing you need to do is to cook the green lentils, place the lentils in to a pan and top with water and add the thyme and the garlic add a little salt and pepper, put on the stove and bring to the boil. Once it comes to the boil reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender. Once cooked drain the water off and allow the lentils to cool.
2. Next job is to prepare the green vegetables, trim the beans, trim the broccoli into smaller florets.
3. With the sprouts remove a little slice from the bottom and remove the outer leaves and then half.
4. You will now need to blanch the vegetables in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes. Once the vegetables have been in the boiling water for a couple of minutes they should turn bright green once that happens, drain and plunge into cold water. This process is called blanching and refreshing and the purpose of this is to retain the vibrant green colour when you cook the vegetables.
5. Meanwhile quarter your mushrooms making sure you remove any grit that might still be on the mushrooms.
6. Place a large frying pan into the stove add a little oil and heat up, once hot add the mushrooms, cook until golden, next add the blanched brussels sprouts once the sprouts are almost done add the beans and the broccoli.
7. Once everything is hot add the cooked lentils.
8. Finish with the chives and check the seasoning.
© Brookfield Drinks Limited 2020 and the registered company details, Brookfield Drinks Limited, Company Number 08186959