Mull Cheddar Gratin Potatoes
750g Potatoes, Peeled and Thinly Sliced
300g Double Cream
50g Unsalted butter
3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
1 Sprig Thyme
1 Sprig Rosemary
100g Mull cheddar cheese
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°C
2. In a thick bottomed pot add the cream, butter, rosemary, thyme and garlic, bring to a boil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once the cream solution has boiled strain add the sliced potatoes and slowly simmer until the cream starts to thicken.
5. This is the starch coming out of the potato, it also helps speed up the cooking process in the oven as the potatoes have started cooking.
6. Next carefully layer the potatoes into your tray, I like to add a little grated gruyere cheese into each layer as I go making sure you reserve some for the top at the end.
7. Scatter the top layer with the cheese, cover your tray with tinfoil and place into the oven.
8. Bake in the oven at 180˚C for 20 minutes after which time removing the tin foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until a knife can easily be inserted.
© Brookfield Drinks Limited 2020 and the registered company details, Brookfield Drinks Limited, Company Number 08186959