St. Andrews Veggie Pie
150g Carrots, diced
150g Leeks, diced
150g Parsnips, diced
150g Butternut squash, diced
2 Onions, chopped
500g Veggie Haggis
100ml Kestrel 9%
20g Plain flour
1 tbsp Good oil
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Thyme, chopped
500ml Vegetable, a quality cube will work for this
50ml Dark soy sauce
225g Puff pastry, readymade
1 Egg, beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. The first task is to wash peel and chop your vegetables.
2. Once you have done that, heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan and fry the vegetables until the take on a little bit of colour.
3. Next add the Kestrel and then dust with the flour, stir in until the flour has all mixed with the vegetables and beer without having lumps.
4. Next, add the Veggie Haggis and mix in.
5. Add the, herbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper and the stock and bring to the boil.
6. Add a little of your soy sauce to darken the gravy.
7. Next pre heat your oven to 150˚C.
8. Pop a lid on your pan and place into the oven until the vegetables are tender.
9. Remove from the oven and increase the temperature of your oven to 190°C
10. Transfer the filling mixture to an ovenproof dish.
11. Cut a piece of pastry and roll it out to fit across the top of your dishes. Making sure you reserve some pastry for the St Andrews Cross on top.
12. Whilst the pastry is still in the table brush with egg yolk, then place the strips of pastry for the cross.
13. Next carefully lay the pastry over the dish and press the edges together to seal.
14. Transfer to the oven and cook until the pastry is golden and crisp.
© Brookfield Drinks Limited 2020 and the registered company details, Brookfield Drinks Limited, Company Number 08186959